SPEEDTRAP ALERT application
- Will help a car driver not to violate driving rules and to avoid speed tickets from speed cameras.
- Designed to work in the background together with navigators or other driver assistance apps.
- Allows to report road dangers: mobile radars or accidents (internet connection required) with immediate notification of users around.
- Works with databases in Igo8 (preferred), Tomtom OV2, Garmin CSV, KML, GPX formats. Databases can be loaded from OneDrive or by direct link.
- Records track, allows to upload track to internet in real time (every 5 minutes) with direct link to map and KML-data. Tracker is a paid feature.
Important: this application requires speed trap database. You can find database for your region on such resources like scdb.info (paid), poiplaza.com (free), maparadar.com (Brazil), puntodeinteres.es (Spain). The alerts correctness depends on database relevance.
Version 3.3.0 (current) – Italian language, support of Tomtom OV2 and Garmin CSV formats;
Version 3.2.1 – tracker;
version 3.1.0 – easier update of databases including those from OneDrive; some other improvements;
version 3.0.3 – some improvements; some bugs are fixed;
version 3.0.0 – reporting and notifications for mobile radars. Portuguese language;
version 2.0.1 – Spanish language, some other improvements;
version 2.0.0 – map view, French language, some bugs are fixed;
version 1.0.6 – beeper, warning priorities for speed cameras of different types, some other improvements;
version 1.0.5 – GPS polling interval 1 second and 3 seconds, some other improvements;
version 1.0.4 – some bugs are fixed;
version 1.0.3 – vibro alerts, some bugs are fixed;
version 1.0.2 – adjustments of synthesized voice.
You can send your comments, bug reports and suggestions to email@example.com. Mail is constantly monitored. I'm looking forward for help in app localization to other languages (especially Finnish).